CAMRIS Awarded $250M ITOPSS 3.0 Contract with the CDC
CAMRIS International (CAMRIS), a Bethesda-based medical research and development firm, was recently awarded a $250 million, multi-year contract to support the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)’s Center for Global Health under its International Technical, Operational, and Professional Support Services (ITOPSS) 3.0.
ITOPSS 3.0 is a multiple-award IDIQ contract with a $250 million ceiling. It provides technical, operational, and professional services, including designing, implementing, managing, monitoring and evaluating CDC global health programs, such as HIV/AIDS, infectious diseases, global disease detection (GDD), neglected tropical diseases, emergency response, global health protection, and global health security. Services under the ITOPSS 3.0 contract includes:
- Infection/disease support services (HIV/TB, Avian and Human Influenza, malaria, polio, dengue, Japanese encephalitis, STD, typhoid, hepatitis, nosocomial infections, Ebola, and other emerging infectious diseases).
- Epidemiology support services.
- Management support services.
- Laboratory support services.
- Data management, informatics, data research, and study/program coordinator, writer-editor, and communication support services.
- Behavioral health support services.
- Information technology support services.
Dr. Laurence M. Day, President and CEO of CAMRIS, said that “ITOPSS represents a milestone in the CAMRIS global health portfolio. We have vast experience in the contract subject matter areas, having carried out similar activities in all regions of the world, and expanding our base of support with CDC creates greater synergy with our technical assistance work with USAID, our military medicine research program activities, and our work with other global health agencies and organizations.”
CAMRIS is a large health research and development firm that realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, innovative, and advanced science and best practices to improve the lives of people around the world.